The training Program
The Epigenetics Research School provides unique training opportunities for its graduate students. After a core training in epigenetics at the beginning of the program, a plethora of high quality courses allows the students to compose their own curriculum to optimally supplement their scientific work and ambition. In addition, unique events like the Student Retreat organized by and for PhD students and Post Docs allows students to further develop their organizational and management skills and strengthens the supportive epigenetics@HMGU community. Finally, the Research School office will support the students in the development of their career through the Individual career Development Plan.
As part of the Helmholtz Graduate Program for Environmental Health (HELENA), graduate students of the Epigenetics Research School benefit from the exceptional education opportunities offered by the HELENA training program.
This approach together with the thesis support offered by the Thesis Advisory Committee (established by the student) provides an optimal environment for young scientists to develop and grow and will equip them with a diverse and unique skillset required for their PhD studies and future careers.
The program offered by the Helmholz International Epigenetics Research School provides:
- a broad scientific training
- a core training in epigenetics
- access to cutting edge research approaches and world-leading experts
- a plethora of excellent courses from which the students are encouraged to compose a personalized curriculum
- strong support for student initiatives like the student organized retreat
- career development support
- strong encouragement to form scientific collaborations within the epigenetics @HMGU community and the Helmholtz Zentrum München, as well as with other groups both in Munich, nationally and internationally
Graduate students accepted to the Epigenetics Research School will be offered a 3 year contract at Helmholtz Zentrum München. Graduate students who successfully complete their PhD thesis will obtain:
- the Doctoral Degree from the Technische Universität München (TUM) or Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)
- the Helmholtz Graduate School Certificate